Various “electropop.5″ (Compilation/conzoom Records)
|Artist: Various Artists
Label: conzoom Records
Release date: November 5, 2010
Earlier this year we got number 4. Now, five months later conzoom Records unleash the fifth part of their qualitative label compilation, electropop. The cd is fully packed with its 79 minutes over 13 tracks.
When I hear or read the word electropop I think of a catchy track with high tempo and a strong melody. The start of this compilation fits that description like the hand in a glove. The opener from Christopher Anton is powerful with a very nice melody, highly addictive and easy to like. The influences of Erasure is very notable in the poppy Conversation track “Tell Me” with its cool melodies and 80′s atmosphere. But after this the tone completely changes to a more sad kind of feeling. More or less the rest of the songs go into this deep and mellow state of boring melodies before the compilation ends like it began, with higher tempo and beautiful melodies like the amazing remix from Parralox on Monostrip’s song “Miami”.
Don’t miss the great appearences from Haberdashery, Moneypenny or the Australian sensation Neuropa.
01. Christopher Anton – A Shattered Mind (Extended Version)
02. Coloured Tears – Loneliness (Extended)
03. Conversation – Tell Me (I’m The One) (Extended Mix)
04. Daybehavior – No More Minutes (Extended Version)
05. Electroflex – Lost You Somewhere (Extended)
06. Haberdashery – Stars (Extended Remix)
07. Hyperbubble – Candy Apple Daydreams (Extended Remix)
08. Jonteknik – Hollow (Extended Remix)
09. Lustobjekt – Sweet Talk (Extended Version)
10. LyLee – Sternentanz (Extended Version)
11. Moneypenny – Destroy (Extended Version)
12. Monostrip – Miami (Parralox O-Phase Remix)
13. Neuropa – Plastique People (Extended Mix)